How important is the headline for your book?
Extremely. Maybe second in line after the book cover. Great, so how do you create it? Ooh, good question–and a hard one.
From our Book Sales Page course, Module #2 is all about the Headline. In the Action Items, one of them is to write out, without stopping or editing, 10 headlines for your book. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t written your book yet, it just matters that you can come up with 10 “reasons” or even “mini-sales pitches” for your book. I’m going to take my own medicine and do the homework starting right … now.
10 Headlines (off the top of my head) for my book Every Single Day. Go!
- Because every other Tuesday plus weekends is mathematically challenging.
- How often do you brush your teeth?
- I’m sorry, did you say you wanted to change yourself or rearrange your shelf?
- You can’t just get rid of a habit, you need to replace it with something new.
- Every day of creating is a day gained. Every day postponing is a day lost.
- Today is a whole lot easier to see as yesterday than as tomorrow.
- Even a journey of two miles begins with one step.
- The hare wins the battle. The tortoise wins the war.
- I’m not interested in what you’re doing tomorrow. I’m interested in what you did today.
- We’re going to go from wish to want to do to done to believe to know to am.
Whew! That was harder than I thought. Good for the teacher to do the homework. 😉
But what happened as I did 10? I wanted to keep going because I felt like I was just getting warmed up (says the guy who has posted 1,652 days in a row and said he was just getting warmed up around 1,000).
- No one ever said they were going to change the world (or themselves) starting tomorrow.
- It took millions of years for water to carve the Grand Canyon. I don’t want my success to take that long.
- Because ESD isn’t what you do, it’s who you are.
- “ESD” is rather close to LSD. But ESD is legal–and more powerful.
- “ESD” is eerily close to ESP. Except that ESD provides quantitative and qualitative insight.
I’m going to stop there for now and keep adding to it.
Here’s the How To module from the course on Headlines. How to insert your headline into your Book Sales Page. Oh, and some tips on how to create it.